Minutes · Minutes General Board

March 2019 Board Meeting Minutes

IEMQG Board Meeting Minutes
March 2, 2019
La Sierra Library – 4600 La Sierra Avenue, Riverside 92505

 

The meeting was called to order at 12:34 pm by Gayle, with the following members in attendance: Gayle, Laura, Jen, Pat, Simone, and Cat

Old Business – Committee Reports:

Treasurer – Cat

MQG National dues have not been paid yet. Cat will pay the dues this afternoon for the 45-member threshold at a rate of approximately $660 (previously authorized for payment by the Executive Board). The Board reviewed outstanding members for 2019 payment.

Bank balance reviewed; Cat shared cash available for the Guild’s use.

VP Programs – Board (Trish not present)

Gayle shared that the Hive is no longer offering an overnight option; day retreat events only. We are going to still looking for a location for our next retreat. More discussion to take place at the April Board meeting.

Trish is leaving and Gayle discussed possibilities for a replacement. We are planned out for events through October. We discussed the possibility of inviting Aurafil to a future meeting. Linda Rasmussen will be coming in April for our Board Game Challenge. May is Kim is doing a Spotlight Quilter presentation.  June is the birthday event with Dora Kari. Christine Sharp is confirmed for July for Transition Quilter. The Guild will do a Membership Trunk Show in August featuring old and new. September will be another guild challenge; details to be finalized at a future board meeting and announce to the Guild in May. The group discussed the gift card for Linda’s work this past year.  We will be providing her with a card that Jen will put together as her involvement warranted a more personalized touch and she will be receiving a gift card also.

Cat offered to help manage the VP of Programs duties until a replacement is finalized.  She will reach out to Dora Kari of Orange Dot to solidify her contract and participation for our birthday celebration meeting in June.

VP Communications – No new business

Secretary – No new business; Becky on vacation and Jennifer supporting in her absence

Fundraising / Exhibits – Laura

Donations – We received a very generous fabric donation to the Guild by Jan Rosenthal from Apple Valley. This fabric will be used for charity and fundraising items. The fabric donation was sorted into kits. Some of the fabric is more floral and traditional in nature. Laura provided a preview of the kits she’s put together with the massive amount of supplies she has received.  Kits have been numbered and will be distributed and tracked to members that wish to make items for the fundraiser efforts. This was just a small look at what was donated; storage is divided between Gayle and Laura at approximately 12 boxes in total.

Hardware – Dog leash swivel clips have been purchased by the Guild and will be provided to members that are interested in making items.  The items given out will be tracked and logged to keep track of the disbursements to the membership and make sure items are returned in advance of the sale event.

Upland Library Event – Laura has cards/pins to mark items donated for the upcoming Upland Library. This Sunday afternoon at 2pm Laura will be going along with Pat and Gayle to put the quilts up in the library. Tuesday, March 5th at 6pm Laura will be doing the talk about Visionary Women in the Brodie Room. There will be about a dozen quilts on display.  Quilts will need to be removed on April 3rd from the Library and returned to members on April 6th.

Chaffey Exhibit – Gayle mentioned keeping track of the quilts received for the Upland Library event to see if we can use any for the Chaffey exhibit.  The room is 15,000 linear inches; we are hoping to get enough quilts to fill the space.

New Business:

April EB Meeting – The Board discussed the April meeting date/time; the group confirmed the next Board meeting for Wednesday, April 17th 6:00pm at JoAnn Fabric & Crafts in Ontario.  We will meet prior for dinner at a nearby location

SCCQG – Gayle discussed the meet the teacher event with SCCQG April 13th from 9am-2pm in Carson. Gayle will carpool and we all agreed that a group will attend to review possible speakers for future presentations.

April Board Meeting Agenda Items:

Review of Duties – All (Jen to bring hand-outs for everyone)

Chaffey Art Museum Call for Quilts – Laura

April General Meeting Agenda:

Challenge with Linda to Curate – Jessica will coordinate and oversee the arrangement of the quilts

The meeting was adjourned at 1:20 pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Jennifer Adams, in absence of Becky Brekke, Secretary